Tuesday, August 12, 2008

me? treason?

Not much of an unspoken truth that I find the two year enslavement a redundant and almost asinine waste of time. I'm no anarchist or rebel (though development is highly possible under current conditions), but the whole patriotism and sense of national responsibility spirit feels baseless to me.

Every single day I drag myself to face yet another day of monotony, grudgingly obeying inane tasks, trying to reason logically with farcical commands yet only to charge headfirst into a ludicrous wall of autocracy. Yes, regimentation is understandable in such circumstances, but not when it crosses the line into apodictic grounds.

I often wonder about the things I could possibly be achieving, both tangible and intangible if I wasn't cuffed to such a liability. Not just any two years, but two years of youth, 24 months of prime.

I might sound a tad cynical here, but it's for you to discern. Don't believe everything that's sprouted. The human mind is something extremely susceptible to hard-driven messages which some refer to as advertising and others, propaganda.

Personally, I love this country for the place it is, but not for the lifestyle it tries to enforce.

Humanity and life is a gift, one that has been bestowed upon by God, not to be controlled otherwise. Freedom and choice however, seems to be bound to a hefty price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home